Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Airport

Well, I've made it to New Mexico! Due to the time change while flying, it's only 8ish here, and my flight leaves for Portland at 11:35 getting me there at 1:25. I am trying to resist the urge to buy random knickknacks to keep me entertained, but they have free wifi here, so that should be enough. Got off to a good start this morning, after the last night sleeping in 'the bed my daddy made for me.' Everyone was brave as possible, and goodbyes weren't quite as bad as they could have been. My suitcases on the other hand were over by 2 lbs! So there was a quick shifting of stuff into my carry on bag, but still a bit of panic.
Can't wait to get to my little apartment and have that done, it'll be such a relief to get behind a door with some keys. Might have to take a nap as soon as I stop moving, or might be too excited to stop. It's a rainy day says my weather channel app on my phone, so I get to dive right into my new environment as soon as I get there.
It's been strange, thinking about this whole move. Can't believe I'm actually going to be there within a matter hours. I'm about to be LIVING in a place that I've only visited, and a few years ago at that. But as Jory said during our Skype talk last night, I'm ready to kill it in Portland, no morbidity intended. Can't wait to get this life goin'! I will post pictures as soon as I get some of my place. until then, I'll be waiting patiently in the Albuquerque airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment