Saturday, July 17, 2010

" I went to sleep for the daytime I shut my eyes to the sunshine, turned my head away from the noise bruise and drip decay of childish toys"

Had a long week, just draining and exhausting, but here I am, I have survived.
I've had some time to think and just walk around listening to music that makes me thoughtful over the past week. Just thinking about how far I've come, and where I'm going. Can't believe I'm here, it's just so amazing to me. I feel so lucky to be in a city where I feel at home, where I belong. Just walking or riding my bike down the street makes me so happy and overwhelmed. Overjoyed!

Other than that, work and school pretty much ruling my life. The end of 111, the class I'm in right now, is in few days, so we have a final and a knife skills test coming up. I'm not too worried, but I'll be in the kitchen early cutting up potatoes for practice, that's for sure.

I had a frito pie party at my apartment! A few people from work came over and I made a big pot of chili, then we wandered around and went to Voodoo Donuts downtown. It was tons of fun. I've been hanging out with my neighbors a lot lately, they live right next door so we can pretty much just stay at our apartment and sit in eachother's tiny rooms. haha It's nice to have someone to share meals with though.

Gotta go to work today at 1:30, bout to start getting ready. There's an event in the square this weekend called Sand in the City, that happens every year. They have all this sand trucked in and special sand artists compete making sand sculptures. It's really cool, but makes our store pretty busy. But then again, I can't think of a time when our store hasn't been pretty busy!

Much love,
Cait

No comments:

Post a Comment